Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative Cartographer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, updating, and interpreting maps in line with our clients' needs. This role involves using geographical information system (GIS) technology to research, analyze and integrate geographical data, and produce different types of maps. You will also be required to work with a variety of different departments, including planning, transportation, and emergency services. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of map creation software, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Creating and updating physical and digital maps.
- Researching, collecting and analyzing geographical data.
- Using GIS software to create effective maps and visual data.
- Working with a variety of departments to determine their mapping needs.
- Ensuring all maps are accurate and up to date.
- Interpreting data to create maps that communicate complex information.
- Collaborating with surveyors and designers to gather map requirements.
- Developing 3D models of geographical features.
- Providing technical support to GIS users.
- Maintaining a library of map files and related data.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Cartography, Geomatics or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Cartographer or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of GIS software and technology.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of map creation standards and techniques.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have with GIS software?
- How do you ensure the accuracy of your maps?
- Can you describe a time when you had to meet a tight deadline for a map?
- How do you handle feedback and revisions?
- What types of maps have you created in the past?