Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced City Engineer to join our team. The City Engineer will be responsible for planning, directing, and reviewing the activities and operations of the City’s Engineering Division including the preparation of public works projects, and the provision of complex professional support to the Director of Public Works and other departments. The City Engineer will also coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Director of Public Works. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in civil engineering, project management, and public works design and construction. They will also have excellent leadership skills, with the ability to effectively manage a team and work collaboratively with other city departments.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Engineering Division.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for engineering staff.
- Review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Prepare the Engineering Division’s budget; assist in budget implementation.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training.
- Work with consultants, contractors, developers, and the public regarding engineering issues.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of civil engineering.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics, services, and activities of a comprehensive municipal public works program.
- Ability to prepare and administer large and complex budgets.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe a project that you’ve led from start to finish?
- How do you handle conflicts within your team?
- What strategies do you use to manage large and complex budgets?
- Can you describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?
- How do you ensure that your projects are completed on time and within budget?