Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a diligent Fire Inspector to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting buildings to detect fire hazards and ensure that federal, state, and local fire codes are met. Fire inspectors also test firefighting equipment, such as fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems, and they may review evacuation plans. They work with developers and planners to review and approve plans for new buildings. They also conduct inspections and tests of existing buildings to ensure that they are safe and up to code. Fire inspectors also educate the public about fire safety by conducting presentations and training sessions.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Inspect buildings to identify fire hazards and enforce local ordinances and State laws.
- Test fire alarms and other fire protection equipment to ensure they are working properly.
- Review building plans with developers.
- Conduct fire investigations to determine origin and cause.
- Prepare and write detailed reports on fire inspections performed.
- Educate the public about fire safety and prevention.
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found.
- Present and explain fire code requirements and fire prevention information to architects, contractors, attorneys, engineers, developers, fire service personnel, and the general public.
- Conduct fire exit drills in schools, businesses, and apartment complexes.
- Train building occupants on how to respond in emergency situations.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Fire Inspector or similar role.
- Knowledge of fire safety codes and regulations.
- Physical fitness and stamina.
- Strong understanding of fire safety equipment and its use.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in writing reports.
- Ability to educate a variety of audiences on fire safety.
- Valid driver's license.
- Certification as a Fire Inspector from a recognized institution.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have in fire safety and prevention?
- How would you handle a situation where a building owner is resistant to implementing necessary safety measures?
- Can you describe a time when you effectively educated a group about fire safety?
- What steps would you take to investigate the cause of a fire?
- How do you stay updated on new fire safety regulations and equipment?