Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Fish and Wildlife Technician
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated Fish and Wildlife Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the conservation and management of fish and wildlife resources. This includes conducting field surveys, collecting and analyzing data, maintaining equipment, and assisting with public outreach and education. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of wildlife biology, excellent field skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. This role requires physical stamina, as it often involves outdoor work in various weather conditions and terrains. A passion for wildlife conservation and a commitment to scientific integrity are essential.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Conduct field surveys to collect data on fish and wildlife populations.
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of field equipment.
- Analyze data and prepare reports on findings.
- Assist with public outreach and education initiatives.
- Work with other team members to develop and implement conservation strategies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of field work and data analysis.
- Assist with habitat restoration projects.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Assist with other duties as required.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Degree in wildlife biology, environmental science, or a related field.
- Experience in field work, preferably related to fish and wildlife conservation.
- Strong understanding of wildlife biology and conservation principles.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and terrains.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Physical stamina and good health.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Willingness to travel and spend extended periods in the field.
- Commitment to wildlife conservation and scientific integrity.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have with field work related to fish and wildlife conservation?
- How would you handle a situation where you encountered a potentially dangerous animal in the field?
- Can you describe a time when you had to analyze complex data and present your findings?
- What strategies would you use to engage the public in wildlife conservation efforts?
- How do you handle working in challenging outdoor conditions?