Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated Geotechnical Engineer to analyze, design, and advise on geotechnical engineering issues. The Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for managing and directing geotechnical engineering projects for design, research, and testing. You will perform detailed investigations to assess the risk of geological hazards, advise on the best methods for dealing with these hazards, and prepare and present reports. You will also be responsible for designing and planning the construction of structures, overseeing the building of these structures, and assessing the behavior of these structures under different conditions.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Performing geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction site condition.
- Designing and creating geotechnical structures.
- Planning and conducting geotechnical training programs.
- Overseeing building work and advising contractors on geotechnical issues.
- Monitoring and testing soils and materials to check the quality and to detect any faults or abnormalities.
- Writing reports and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Using computer software for design, drafting and project management.
- Assessing the risk of geological hazards and offering advice on how to deal with them.
- Managing and directing staff, making sure quality standards are met.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments and techniques in geotechnical engineering.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Proven work experience as a Geotechnical Engineer.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Knowledge of construction and design software.
- A deep understanding of research methodologies.
- Ability to work in a team and lead projects.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What is your experience with geotechnical engineering projects?
- How do you handle pressure and tight deadlines?
- What methods do you use to manage projects and staff?
- Can you explain a time when you had to present complex information to a non-technical audience?
- What software are you proficient in for design and project management?