Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Land Use Planner
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Land Use Planner to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing land use plans and programs that help create communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas. You will be expected to conduct field investigations, analyze data, understand trends, and prepare reports on land use. You will also be responsible for reviewing development proposals and site plans, meeting with public officials, developers, and the public regarding development plans and land use. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of land use planning principles and excellent communication skills.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Develop comprehensive plans and programs for land use in the assigned area.
- Conduct field investigations, analyze data, and prepare reports on land use.
- Review development proposals and site plans.
- Meet with public officials, developers, and the public regarding development plans and land use.
- Present projects to planning and zoning boards.
- Coordinate work with economic consultants and architects during the formulation of plans.
- Assess the feasibility of proposals and identify necessary changes.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, Public Policy, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Land Use Planner.
- Strong understanding of land use planning principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe a project where you successfully used land use planning principles?
- How do you handle disagreements with developers or public officials?
- Can you explain your experience with GIS and CAD software?
- How do you assess the feasibility of a proposal?
- Can you describe a time when you had to make a significant change to a proposal?