Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a skilled Manual Machinist to join our manufacturing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. This includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. Our Manual Machinist will also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. The ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, or building plans to meet product specifications is crucial. The candidate should also have a keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated or cooled.
- Program computers or electronic instruments to perform machining operations.
- Clean and maintain machine tools or machining areas.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as a Manual Machinist.
- In-depth knowledge of machine tools and their operation.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material.
- Ability to effectively use and measure with micrometers, calipers, and other precision measuring tools.
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have as a Manual Machinist?
- Can you read and interpret technical blueprints and schematics?
- What types of machine tools are you most familiar with?
- Describe a time when you had to solve a problem during the machining process.
- How do you ensure precision in your work?