Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Power Line Technician
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a skilled Power Line Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing high-powered electrical lines and systems. This includes both overhead and underground lines and cables, as well as other electrical equipment. You will also be responsible for ensuring that these systems are functioning efficiently and safely. This role requires a high level of technical expertise, as well as the ability to work under potentially dangerous conditions. You must be able to follow strict safety procedures, and be comfortable working at heights and in all weather conditions.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical power lines.
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Identify and repair faults on power distribution systems.
- Follow strict safety procedures at all times.
- Work at heights and in all weather conditions.
- Operate power line repair equipment and vehicles.
- Respond to power outages and other emergencies.
- Work with team members to complete projects on time and to specifications.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a power line technician apprenticeship.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work at heights and in all weather conditions.
- Strong technical skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good physical condition and stamina.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and safety procedures.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Do you have experience as a Power Line Technician?
- How do you ensure safety when working at heights?
- Can you describe a time when you had to repair a complex electrical fault?
- How do you handle working in adverse weather conditions?
- What steps do you take to maintain accurate records of work performed?