Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Quality Assurance Technician
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a meticulous Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. You will review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What is your experience with automated testing tools?
- Can you describe a time when you found a solution to a non-conforming software?
- How do you handle tight deadlines?
- What is your experience with SQL and scripting?
- Can you describe a time when your attention to detail paid off at work?