Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
TSA Transportation Security Officer
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated and vigilant TSA Transportation Security Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing security and protection of travelers across all transportation sectors in a courteous and professional manner. Their duties may also extend to securing high-profile events, important figures and/or anything that includes or impacts our transportation systems. The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report any incidents at assigned locations, providing for the safety of client property and personnel. The officer will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior. A keen eye for detail and a strong commitment towards maintaining high levels of security is a must.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Perform searches and screening, which may include physical interaction with passengers (e.g., pat-downs, search of property, etc.), conducting bag searches and lifting/carrying bags, bins, and property weighing up to 50lbs.
- Control entry and exit points.
- Monitor electronic screening equipment.
- Respond to security alarms.
- Write detailed reports on security incidents.
- Assist passengers and answering their questions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Follow procedures to ensure the safety of all passengers, aircraft and staff.
- Continuously improve security screening processes.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation.
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Must be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and comprehend).
- High school diploma, GED or security experience equivalent.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and make quick decisions.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent observational skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- How would you handle a difficult passenger?
- Can you describe a time when you had to make a quick decision in a stressful situation?
- How do you handle high-pressure situations?
- What steps would you take if you identified a potential security threat?
- How would you ensure the safety and satisfaction of passengers?