Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a meticulous Claims Investigator to be responsible for investigating insurance claims filed by policyholders. The Claims Investigator's responsibilities include obtaining and reviewing evidence, interviewing claimants and witnesses, inspecting property damage, and determining the extent of the company's liability. To be successful as a Claims Investigator, you should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You should also demonstrate exceptional communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Investigate and process insurance claims filed by policyholders.
- Interview claimants, witnesses, and medical professionals.
- Inspect property damage to determine the extent of liability.
- Review police reports, medical treatment records, medical bills, or physical property damage to determine the extent of liability.
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by clients, local, state and federal government and by insurance carriers.
- Identify and contact potential subrogation opportunities.
- Maintain claim files and document claim file activities in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Comply with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Claims Investigator.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- A professional appearance.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- How do you handle high-pressure situations?
- Can you describe a time when you successfully negotiated a claim settlement?
- How do you ensure your knowledge of insurance regulations is up to date?
- What methods do you use to investigate claims?
- How do you handle claimants who are upset or angry?