Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented and passionate Gardener to maintain our garden and landscapes. The Gardener will be responsible for performing a range of general maintenance tasks including designing, producing, renewing and preserving outside spaces. This may include planting new trees, flowers, and various plants, maintaining outdoor spaces, trimming overgrown hedges, removing weeds, and ensuring that the garden is free of trash and debris. The ideal candidate will be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions. The Gardener will also need to be meticulous and have a keen eye for detail, as they will be expected to keep plants and flowers in the best possible condition, and maintain a clean and well-organized working area.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Maintaining and growing the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Performing basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Planting new trees, flowers and various plants.
- Maintaining a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Providing guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advising management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensuring a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
- Checking the health of plants by identifying any pests or diseases and controlling them.
- Raising plants from seeds or cuttings.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a gardening role.
- Sound knowledge of different types of plants and their maintenance requirements.
- Experience with gardening tools and equipment.
- Strong physical condition and endurance.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of plant diseases and pests, with the ability to treat them.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What gardening techniques do you use to maintain a healthy garden?
- How do you handle pests and diseases in the garden?
- What gardening tools and equipment are you familiar with?
- How do you ensure safety while working in the garden?
- What is your experience with plant maintenance and care?