Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement specialist to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships. The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in 'reading' the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What procurement systems have you used in the past?
- Can you describe a time when you had to negotiate a significant discount with a supplier?
- How do you handle supplier relationships?
- What strategies do you use to find the best suppliers?
- How do you handle a situation where a supplier fails to deliver on time?