Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a skilled Technical Buyer to join our team. The Technical Buyer will be responsible for purchasing technical goods and services for our business. You will have to strategize to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. The Technical Buyer’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in its growth and people. Your responsibilities will include discovering new suppliers, ensuring that the purchased products and services are of the highest quality, and negotiating deals with suppliers. You will also be tasked with performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven working experience as a Technical Buyer.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in 'reading' the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What is your experience with procurement software?
- Can you describe a time when you had to negotiate a deal with a difficult supplier?
- How do you assess the reliability of potential suppliers?
- What strategies do you use to find cost-effective deals?
- Can you describe a time when you improved procurement processes?