Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated and reliable Truck Driver to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks and providing exceptional customer service to our client base. We will provide training to the right person who can demonstrate motivation and a willingness to learn. If you're interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Deliver goods via a heavy truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Valid truck driving license.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Trucking school diploma.
- Proven work experience as a truck driver.
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc).
- Ability to handle physical workload.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have in truck driving?
- How do you handle long hours on the road?
- How do you ensure safety while driving?
- What would you do in case of a breakdown?
- How do you handle tight deadlines for deliveries?