Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Community Corrections Officer
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated and responsible Community Corrections Officer to manage and supervise offenders in the community. This role involves monitoring the activities and behaviors of offenders, ensuring they comply with court orders and probation requirements. You will be responsible for conducting home visits, drug tests, and counseling sessions, as well as providing offenders with resources to aid in their rehabilitation. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the criminal justice system, excellent communication skills, and the ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and integrity.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Supervise and monitor the activities of offenders in the community.
- Ensure offenders comply with court orders and probation requirements.
- Conduct home visits and drug tests.
- Provide counseling and resources to aid in offender rehabilitation.
- Prepare reports on offender progress and compliance.
- Collaborate with law enforcement and social services agencies.
- Respond to and manage crisis situations.
- Maintain detailed case files and records.
- Assist in court proceedings as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, or related field.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the criminal justice system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and integrity.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- CPR and First Aid certification is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- How would you handle a situation where an offender is not complying with their probation requirements?
- Can you describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a previous role?
- How do you handle stressful situations?
- What strategies do you use to build rapport with offenders?
- How do you stay organized and manage your caseload?