Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Deputy City Clerk
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated and detail-oriented Deputy City Clerk to assist the City Clerk in managing the administrative and clerical tasks of the city. The Deputy City Clerk will be responsible for maintaining city records, preparing meeting agendas, recording minutes of city council meetings, and assisting in the preparation of financial reports. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. The Deputy City Clerk will also be expected to understand and adhere to all city policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations. This position requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Assist the City Clerk in preparing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Maintain city records and files.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports.
- Handle correspondence for the City Clerk's office.
- Assist in the administration of city elections.
- Respond to public inquiries and requests for information.
- Ensure compliance with city policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of city ordinances and resolutions.
- Coordinate with other city departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the City Clerk.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in an administrative or clerical role.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of city policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What previous experience do you have in an administrative or clerical role?
- How do you handle multiple tasks simultaneously?
- Can you describe a time when you had to maintain confidentiality in your work?
- How familiar are you with city policies and procedures?
- What skills do you bring to this role that will help you succeed?