Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Family Support Specialist
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated Family Support Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support and resources to families in need. This includes assessing the needs of families, developing individualized service plans, and connecting families with appropriate resources. You will also be responsible for monitoring the progress of families and adjusting service plans as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about helping others and has a strong understanding of community resources and services. This is a challenging but rewarding role that requires a high level of empathy, patience, and problem-solving skills.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Assess the needs of families and develop individualized service plans.
- Connect families with appropriate resources and services.
- Monitor the progress of families and adjust service plans as needed.
- Provide emotional support to families in crisis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files.
- Collaborate with other social service professionals to provide comprehensive support.
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions and needs of families.
- Advocate for families in meetings with other professionals.
- Provide education and training to families on various topics.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a related field.
- Experience working with families in a social service setting.
- Strong understanding of community resources and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with compassion and professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe your experience working with families in a social service setting?
- How do you handle stressful situations?
- Can you describe a time when you had to advocate for a family?
- How do you stay organized and manage your caseload?
- Can you describe a time when you had to adjust a service plan based on the changing needs of a family?