Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a competent Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations. An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential. The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Computer savvy with knowledge of facility management software
- Diploma in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What experience do you have in managing a team?
- Can you describe a time when you had to manage a difficult maintenance issue?
- How do you prioritize tasks and projects when scheduling your team's work?
- What strategies do you use to manage relationships with contractors and service providers?