Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and organized Purchasing Coordinator to manage our purchasing activities. The Purchasing Coordinator's responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities. The ideal candidate should be able to multitask and have excellent negotiation skills. They should also have a keen eye for detail and a business mindset. The goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate stock that meets its requirements. That way we can deliver value to our customers through high-quality products and facilitate sustainable growth.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Managing the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- A degree in business administration or a related field.
- Experience as a Purchasing Coordinator or in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What strategies would you use to negotiate with tough suppliers?
- How do you handle disputes with suppliers?
- Can you describe a time when you saved your company money through your purchasing strategies?
- How do you ensure the quality of products or services purchased?
- What purchasing software are you familiar with?