Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Shipping Manager to manage our shipping and distribution operations. You will be responsible for ensuring that all shipments are handled quickly, safely, and within budget. As a Shipping Manager, you will be working closely with suppliers and transport companies, planning and tracking shipments, and resolving any issues that may arise. Our ideal candidate is analytical, knowledgeable about freight and shipping, and has excellent negotiation skills. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations. Ultimately, you will ensure our customers receive their goods on time and in perfect condition.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Manage all shipping operations.
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations.
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively.
- Utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures.
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements.
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs.
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven experience as logistics coordinator.
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP).
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- How do you handle pressure and stressful situations at work?
- Can you describe a time when you had to negotiate a shipping contract?
- How do you ensure the safety of goods during transportation?
- What strategies do you use to optimize shipping and transport procedures?
- How do you handle disputes with suppliers or transport companies?