Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Title Searcher to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for searching public and private records for details about a property. This includes looking for past owners, liens, and other details that might affect a property's legal status. The Title Searcher will also prepare reports on their findings and work closely with lawyers and other professionals to ensure all information is accurate and up to date. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a deep understanding of property laws and regulations.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Search public and private records for information about a property.
- Prepare reports on findings.
- Work closely with lawyers and other professionals.
- Ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Understand property laws and regulations.
- Analyze documents related to properties, such as deeds, mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements.
- Verify ownership and legal description of property.
- Prepare and maintain title chain.
- Report any title defects.
- Assist in resolving title curative issues.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a Title Searcher or similar role.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of property laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe your experience with property laws and regulations?
- How do you ensure accuracy in your work?
- Can you describe a time when you had to meet a tight deadline?
- How do you handle pressure?
- What database software are you familiar with?