Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
City Carrier Assistant
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a dedicated City Carrier Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for sorting and delivering mail, packages, and parcels to residences and businesses in urban areas. You will also be required to collect outgoing mail and packages from customers. This role requires physical stamina as you will be required to walk or drive for most of your shift, often in adverse weather conditions. You will also need to be able to lift heavy items and be comfortable interacting with customers on a daily basis. As a City Carrier Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our mail delivery operations run smoothly and efficiently.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Sort mail for delivery, arranging it in delivery sequence.
- Deliver mail, packages, and parcels to residences and businesses.
- Collect outgoing mail and packages from customers.
- Return undeliverable mail to sender.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist in the sorting facility when not delivering mail.
- Handle customer complaints and queries.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean and in good working condition.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to lift heavy items.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Physical stamina and endurance.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Ability to work independently.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Do you have any experience in a similar role?
- How would you handle a difficult customer?
- Are you comfortable working in adverse weather conditions?
- How would you ensure the safety of mail during delivery?
- Can you lift heavy items?