Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Data Entry Clerk
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a focused Data Entry Clerk to continuously update our company's databases. The Data Entry Clerk will liaise with and follow up with employees within the company as well as with customers to collect information. The Data Entry Clerk will capture the data into relevant databases in a timely and accurate manner. You will identify and correct errors, and swiftly bring them to the attention of relevant parties where necessary. To do well in this job, you should collect information and capture data promptly to ensure the business’ databases are current to accurately reflect its developments, updates and transactions. Top candidates will be focused, diligent, energetic and have good people’s skills.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Gathering invoices, statements, reports, personal details, documents and information from employees, other departments and clients.
- Scanning through information to identify pertinent information.
- Correcting errors and organizing the information in a manner that will optimize swift and accurate capturing.
- Creating accurate spreadsheets.
- Entering and updating information into relevant databases.
- Ensuring data is backed up.
- Informing relevant parties regarding errors encountered.
- Storing hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- Handling additional duties from time to time.
- Complying with data integrity and security policies.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- High school diploma.
- 1+ years experience in a relevant field.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Proficient touch typing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What data entry software are you familiar with?
- How do you ensure your work is accurate and error-free?
- Can you describe a time when you had to handle a large volume of data entry in a short period?
- How do you handle sensitive information?
- What methods do you use to stay organized and focused when performing data entry tasks?