Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Quality Assurance Specialist
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a meticulous Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. You will review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). The QA Specialist will also monitor all operations that affect quality and coordinate with the product development team to ensure consistent project execution. You will also have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. Our ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level in terms of safety, security, and accuracy.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe your experience with automated testing tools?
- How do you handle tight deadlines and high pressure situations?
- Can you explain a time when you identified a problem in a software, and how you resolved it?
- What is your approach to ensuring that a product meets all its quality standards?
- How do you stay updated on the latest tools and trends in quality assurance?