Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Title Agent to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for searching real estate records, examining titles, and compiling a list of mortgage and other contracts. You will also be responsible for preparing reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities, and outlining actions needed to clear titles. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of real estate law and possess excellent attention to detail. You will also have strong analytical skills and the ability to work under pressure.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Search real estate records, examine titles, or summarize pertinent legal or insurance documents or details for a variety of purposes.
- Prepare reports outlining any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities, and outlining actions needed to clear titles.
- Copy or summarize recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts, that affect property titles.
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Read search requests to ascertain types of title evidence required and to obtain descriptions of properties and names of involved parties.
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven experience as a Title Agent.
- Strong understanding of real estate law.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- Can you describe your experience with real estate law?
- How do you handle high-pressure situations?
- Can you describe a time when you had to deal with a particularly difficult title issue?
- What strategies do you use to ensure attention to detail?
- How do you handle discrepancies in property descriptions or ownership?