Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Front Desk Receptionist
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a friendly and organized Front Desk Receptionist to manage our front desk operations on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Front Desk Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Your duties include offering administrative support across the organization, welcoming guests and greeting people who visit the business, coordinating front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations and guests services. To be successful as a Front Desk Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Greet and welcome guests
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- How do you handle difficult customers?
- What do you do to stay organized?
- How do you prioritize your work?
- Can you describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handled it?
- What computer programs are you familiar with?