Text copied to clipboard!
TitleText copied to clipboard!
Data Entry Technician
DescriptionText copied to clipboard!
We are looking for a meticulous and tech-savvy individual with a high attention to detail to join our team as a Data Entry Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining our database by entering new and updated customer and account information. They will prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information, establish entry priorities, and maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data confidentiality principles and be trained in data backup procedures to ensure data preservation. They will also have excellent typing skills and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
ResponsibilitiesText copied to clipboard!
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
RequirementsText copied to clipboard!
- Proven data entry work experience
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Familiarity with MS Office and data programs
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
Potential interview questionsText copied to clipboard!
- What data entry systems have you used in the past?
- How do you ensure accuracy in your work?
- Can you describe a time when you had to handle a large volume of data entry in a short period of time?
- How do you handle sensitive information?
- What strategies do you use to stay focused when doing repetitive tasks?